ARTICLE 1 – NAME
A not-for-profit association governed by the law of 1 July 1901 is founded between the subscribers of these statutes, with the title European Forró Federation – Federação Europeia de Forró. Its duration is unlimited, its structure is of a federative type with grouping in local, departmental, regional or international associations and other legal entities.
The head office of the Federation is located in Paris. It may be transferred by simple decision of the Board of Administration.
ARTICLE 2 – PURPOSE
The aim of the European Forró Federation is to :
- To promote and popularize Brazilian culture in Europe, with emphasis on forró dance and music
- To produce and disseminate knowledge about Brazilian culture with emphasis on forró dance and music
- To communicate about important information and organized events, highlighting the information and events from our members
- To represent the common goals of our members on an international level
- To contribute to the growth and development of the European forró community
- To support teachers, musicians, organizers, DJs and others who work in the same area as the Federation and to professionalize and/or improve their activities by providing information and advice on training, education and studies
- To promote reflection on topics of interest to the European forró community
- To foster international mobility within the European forró community
- To improve and expand communication between communities working with Brazilian culture in Europe
- The federation is committed to respecting human rights and helping to ensure that they are respected in our community
ARTICLE 3 – 15: To read the full federation statuses please click below to download the PDF in you preferred language (EN/PT/FR).